The Devonshire Group is committed to enhancing our environment and we strive continuously to reduce our impact on it. We go beyond basic legal and regulatory requirements in order to fulfil our environmental agenda.
With the "reduce, reuse, recycle" philosophy at the heart of our activity we are focusing on the following areas:
- Energy consumption
- Waste reduction
- Sustainable land management
- Employee awareness
- Renewable energy generation
- Sustainable procurement
The following will underpin these objectives:
- Consistent monitoring of our energy consumption to highlight potential and achieved reductions in energy consumed.
- To reduce the amount of waste we produce and that we send to landfill
- To reduce the amount of packaging that we handle each year and increase the percentage of packaging that is recyclable.
- To promote the environmental agenda to employees, visitors and guests and ensure that all new staff are given an environmental induction on our aims and objectives.
- Preserve and enhance the biodiversity, natural heritage and long term sustainability of the landed estates.
- Continue to invest in renewable energy projects to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels.
- Continue to source produce for our shops, restaurants, and hotels from the local estates and communities wherever possible.
- Continue to source products and services from suppliers who share and demonstrate our environmental ambitions.
- To achieve external recognition of our environmental credentials.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually and updated whenever necessary.