At Chatsworth we will continue to improve our waste hierarchy following the "reduce, reuse, recycle" philosophy.
We recognise that more must be done to improve our performance in this area and that’s why we’ve started to monitor our progress on an annual basis.
Our first aim will be to reduce the volumes of waste we are producing by reusing materials where possible and working with our suppliers to limit to volume of material coming onto site. We’ll then look to increase our volumes of recycling and limit the amount of material going to ‘other recovery’ - which largely refers to energy from waste plants.
What have we done so far?
- Introduced recycling for offices and back of house operations
- Organised an annual litter pick which sees around 100 volunteers remove over 200 bags of litter from 30 miles of countryside routes
- Eliminated landfill
- Introduced visitor waste recycling facilities
- Explore innovative food waste solutions
- Further improve our visitor waste recycling