28 May - 5 June 2016
Included with admission to the garden
Over the spring half term we are celebrating the waterworks in the garden. Join one of our free garden tours starting at the Cascade every hour from 11.30am - 3.30pm. Each tour includes a short talk about the water feature as it is turned on and includes the Cascade, Willow tree fountain, Ring pond and the Emperor fountain which will be played at its full height.
The Stickyard will also be a hive of activity over the bank holiday weekend with lots of fun wild art activities for all the family to enjoy.
Find out more fun activities below.
Over the school holiday
- Facepainting at Flora's Temple
- Vintage Barrel Organ roaming around the house entrance, garden and farmyard
- Shire horse and dray rides from Flora's Temple along the Broad Walk* on 29 - 30 May and 4 - 5 June
- Tours of the key water features in the garden including Cascade, Willow Tree Fountain, Ring Pond and Emperor Fountain, with extra bits turned on! Follow the full tour or drop in at the following places at the times listed below. Visitors can also see the Emperor Fountain from the State Rooms at approximately quarter past the hour
|Willow tree fountain
Over the Bank Holiday weekend in the Stickyard
- Free bee friendly seeds for visitors to take away and plant at home
- Wild art - Create leaf flags and bunting using natural print techniques with the Education team
- Help the Education team build a giant bug hotel to help maintain biodiversity
*Shire horse and dray ride are a small cost in addition to admission