In 2013, it was estimated that Chatsworth contributed nearly 8,513 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent in emissions from visitor travel, which is three times the emission from our owned and operated property.
Transport carbon statement
|Owned and operated property||(tCO2e)||(tCO2e)||(tCO2e)|
|Hotels and restaurants||2||19||25|
|Total carbon emissions||465||477||468|
|Annual difference %||N/A||2.65%||-1.93%|
|Gas oil (Red diesel)||1,254||1,083||1,054|
|Total energy demand||1,758||1,840||1,779|
What have we done so far?
- Partnered with TM Travel to improve bus routes to Chatsworth.
- Visitors now receive a £2 discount on house and garden admissions for travelling by bus.
- Operated an annual Ride2Work scheme for employees.
- Investigate electric vehicle charging points for both staff and visitor vehicles.
- Continue our involvement with the Peak District National Park Travel Summit.