Discover some of the fascinating stories that shaped the evolution of the landscape and take in some of the best views of Chatsworth as you are led by one of our expert guides.
- Short park walk is on 12 September.
- Medium park walk is on 19 September.
- Long park walk is on 27 September.
Kitchen Garden walking tour
22 August | 10am | £30 includes admission to the garden
Join one of our expert guides on a walking tour of the Kitchen Garden. This tour includes the exclusive chance to pick seasonal fruit and vegetables in a Chatsworth basket to take home.
This walk begins at the Lodge, and will be a mixture of footpaths and uneven ground. Please wear suitable footwear.
12 September | 10am | £10
Explore Standwood, the area around the Hunting Tower and discover the lakes above the house. This walk is approximately three miles long.
19 September | 10am | £10
Explore Queens Mary's Bower, Calton Lees, Russian Cottage, New Piece Wood, Edensor and Crobs. This walk is approximately six miles long.
27 September | 10am | £10
Explore Standwood, the area around the Hunting Tower, the lakes above the house, Warren, Beeley, One Arch Bridge and Paines Mill. This walk is approximately nine miles long.
Planning your day
- All park walks start at the game larder at 10am.
- Your walk is led by an experienced Chatsworth Guide.
- We welcome well-behaved dogs on leads.
What should I expect?
- Terrain is varied with steep climbs, mostly on footpaths, sometimes tarmac roads, across fields and over stiles.
- Walks will go ahead in all weather conditions.
- The long walk is recommended for experienced walkers only.
What should I pack for the day?
- Wear sturdy walking shoes or boots.
- Bring waterproof clothing.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Bring a packed lunch (medium and long walks).
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit our chatsworthstays.co.uk website to find out more and to book online.