The house, garden, farmyard and playground will open at 11am, with last entrance at 7pm, closing promptly at 8pm, with the exception of the farmyard and playground with last entry at 3.30pm, closing at 4.30pm.
In the house
We are excited for our Friends to be the first to see our 2018 exhibitions, Chatsworth Renewed: the house, past present and future and Her Grace Land, an exhibition from our inaugural artist-in-residence Linder Sterling.
Members of the Masterplan team and Collections team will support the guides throughout the house to help explain the significance of the exhibitions.
As part of Chatsworth Renewed, be sure to stop by the State Drawing Room where you will have the chance to check out a loom with members of our expert Textiles team.
In the Old Master Drawings Cabinet a member of the Collections team will also be on hand for any questions you may have about the current exhibition of Old Masters drawings.
In the house we also have on offer:
- 11am - 5pm | Theatre tours
- 11am - 4pm | Piano player in the Ante Library
- 5.15pm - 7.15pm | Simply Strings in the Great Chamber
In the garden
Be sure to stop in the garden where you will see all sorts of new spring life. A collection of spring-themed willow and wicker animal sculptures have been made especially for the garden. They are hidden in various locations – there's a free explorer's map to help you find them.
We will also have a few fun and free activities for our Friends.
- 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm | Guided garden walking tours
- 11.30am - 4.30pm | Guided garden buggy tours
- 11am - 3pm | Garden shuttle
In the farmyard
As well as our daily activities in the farmyard we are also offering Friends a few special free activities:
- 11am - 3pm | Animal handling sessions
- 11.30am - 3pm | Trailer discovery tours
Each free talk is in the Hartington room in the Stables and will last approximately 30 minutes plus questions. All seats will be allocated on arrival. Please note that we are unable to offer anywhere sheltered to queue for talks.
- 11am | A look into the Chatsworth Renewed exhibition | Anna Farthing, Creative Producer
- 12pm | A look into the Chatsworth Renewed exhibition (repeated) | Anna Farthing, Creative Producer
- 1pm | The Art of The New | Kate Brindley, Director of Collections and Exhibitions
- 2pm | A Housekeeper's discoveries | Janet Bitton, Head Housekeeper
- 3pm | What’s new in the garden | Steve Porter, Head of Gardens and Domain
Shop and eat opening times
|Cavendish restaurant||12pm - 6pm||Book a table|
|Flying Childers restaurant||11am - 4pm||Book a table|
|Carriage House restaurant||10am - 5pm|
|Estate farm shop café||9am - 5pm|
|Flora's Temple tea shop||11am - 5pm|
|Park shop||10am - 5.30pm|
|Orangery shop||11am - 8pm|
|Stables shop||10am - 4.30pm|
|Farm shop||9am - 6pm|