£15 per person | 10am
Each tour is led by a Chatsworth guide, offering the perfect way to learn more about the parkland and villages surrounding Chatsworth, and learn about how this landscape has evolved and some of the stories behind the sites. You will take in some of the best views Chatsworth has to offer.
The long walks are approximately four hours long and are available on the following days:
- 25 September: The Warren and Beeley Village
- 16 October: Edensor and beyond
The Warren and Beeley village
Available on 25 September
Climb up through Stand Wood and The Warren before dropping down into the estate village of Beeley and returning to Chatsworth alongside the River Derwent.
Edensor and beyond
Available on 16 October
Pass through the estate village of Edensor before exploring the medieval and later landscape of Calton pastures.
Planning your day
- All park walks start at the game larder at 10am.
- Your walk is led by an experienced Chatsworth Guide.
- We welcome well-behaved dogs on leads.
- There are no toilets available on the walks.
What should I expect?
- Terrain is varied with steep climbs, mostly on footpaths, sometimes tarmac roads, across fields and over stiles.
- Walks will go ahead in all weather conditions.
- These walks are recommended for experienced walkers only.
What should I pack for the day?
- Wear sturdy walking shoes or boots.
- Bring waterproof clothing.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Bring a packed lunch.
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit our chatsworthstays.co.uk website to find out more and to book online.