- 280g plain flour
- 25g baking powder
- 140g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 240ml whole milk
- 85g butter – melted
- 170g blackberries
- Large pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°c/375°f/gas mark 5.
- Line a 12-hole muffin baking tray with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix in the salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Pour all the wet ingredients onto the dry, add the blackberries and stir together. It is important not to over mix. The mixture should be lumpy, but no dry flour should be visible.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 25 minutes, until lightly browned and springy to the touch.