A message from our Chief Executive
In order to help contain the spread of the coronavirus, all areas of Chatsworth, apart from the estate farm shop in Pilsley, are closed until further notice. This includes the car parks, public toilets, house, garden, farmyard and adventure playground, gift shops and food outlets.
This decision has not been taken lightly. The situation is enormously complex and fast moving, and we believe that taking decisive action to help implement effective social distancing is in the best interests of all of our visitors and staff.
As a vital food service outlet, the Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop remains open, and we are working hard to protect our staff and customers with social distancing measures, maintaining stocks and replenishing shelves, so that we can best serve our community. We are also adding more products to our online shop, and setting up local delivery and click and collect services, to support those who are self-isolating. The café at the farm shop is closed.
We will be posting any updates as soon as we have them on our website and social media, so please look out for these.
On behalf of the Duke and Duchess, and everyone as at Chatsworth, I would like to thank you for your continued support. We wish you the best of health and look forward to welcoming you soon.
Stephen Vickers, Chief Executive
Increased measures at the estate farm shop
We have added a number of control measures to protect our customers and team:
- Hand wash stations have been installed outside the shop entrance. We ask that all customers clean their hands thoroughly before handling any produce or entering the shop
- During busy periods we will be operating a single shopper policy, whereby only one person from each family group can enter the shop
- We have introduced an external queuing area, which will be used during busy periods
- At checkout we have marked spaces on the floor to help ensure safe social distancing
- We request customers use contactless payment and avoid using cash where possible
- Team members will work throughout the day cleaning touch points such as handbaskets, trolley handles, door handles till areas and card machines
- We also have a new collection and delivery service to support those in self-isolation
As a result of not being able to open, and the potential for Friends to need to self-isolate, we will be offering all Friends who renew their membership between 1 April 2020 and 31 March 2021 an additional six months membership free of charge.
If you have already booked tickets and need to postpone your visit, please email email@example.com.
Anyone with tickets to visit on a date when we are closed, or for an event that has had to be cancelled/postponed, will be contacted by our bookings team. We are aiming to contact all those effected by 30 April, however this is subject to restrictions on movement. You do not need to take any action to contact us.