COVID-19 (coronavirus) update
We have made the difficult decision to temporarily stop dispatching loans. We will continue to accept new loan requests, but please be mindful that there may be a delay in response as we prioritise our current loans programme.
We will continue to review the situation and will act on advice from the British Government and World Health Organization. We will update Borrowers on a case by case basis. If you have specific questions pertaining to your loan, please contact the Registrar directly.
Thank you for your patience.
Loans from the collections
The information below gives details about when and where to see specific items that are on loan.
How to make a loan request for an object.
Two works are on loan to Tate Britain, London as part of the exhibition British Baroque: Power and Illusion from 3 February to 19 April.
- Jan van der Vaardt, Trompe L'oeil of a violin and bow hanging on a door, circa 1674-1711, oil on canvas on wood panel
- Jan Siberechts, A View of Chatsworth from the East, oil on canvas, 1702-1708
Lines of Beauty
Over 50 works are on loan to Museums Sheffield as part of the exhibition Lines of Beauty from 14 February to 25 May 2020.
- 59 Old Master drawings
- John Riley, Portrait of 2nd Duke of Devonshire, oil on canvas
- Signet ring of 2nd Duke of Devonshire
- Letter from Pierre Crozat to 2nd Duke of Devonshire