You must have your booking confirmation either printed out or clearly visible on a phone when you arrive. You will need to hold it up to the window of the car park booth so that it can be validated.
Please arrive during the timeslot shown on your booking confirmation. Anyone arriving outside their timeslot may be refused entry. There is no pass out/re-entry to the house. Once visitors have left the house, they will not be able to re-enter. Re-entry to the garden is allowed with collection of a re-entry pass at the exit to the gardens. Re-entry to the farmyard is allowed within your timed session.
Child entry for the Christmas, House & garden and Garden tickets are age 4-16 inclusive, children aged 3 and under are free of charge. Child entry for the Farmyard ticket is age 3–16 inclusive, children aged 2 and under are free of charge.
Children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all attractions and organised events; during a school visit the teacher is in loco parentis. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times.
Please note that we do not allow prams, pushchairs or rucksack style baby carriers in the house; side and front baby carriers are welcome. Please also note that we only allow small bags in the house. Storage is available in the left luggage room near the house entrance.
House, garden and car park tickets are not valid for coaches or mini buses.
View our full terms and conditions of sale and entry.
We ask all visitors to:
- Not visit if you have a new, persistent cough, fever, or loss of/change to your sense of taste or smell, but instead stay at home and contact NHS 111 for advice.
- Follow government guidelines on social distancing, face masks and social interaction throughout your visit, and adhere to all guidance shown on signage and provided by staff.
- Use contactless/card payment in our cafes/shops.
In order to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff, and enable safe social distancing, we have introduced the following measures:
- Strict limit on the number of cars allowed in the car parks, and visitors in the house, garden and farmyard
- No tickets for the house, garden or farmyard will be available to purchase on site at Chatsworth
- Tickets will specify an entry time for the house, garden and farmyard or arrival time for the house car park
- Participating in the government's Test & Trace programme
- Updated terms and conditions of sale/entry. View our full terms and conditions.
- New signage to provide clear guidance for all visitors on arrival
- Created safe queuing areas and introduced limits on the number of customers allowed in our cafes/shops
- Created one way systems to reduce congestion
- Increased the frequency of cleaning on all touch points
- Added Perspex screens at our payment points
Our teams are working especially hard, so please treat them, and other visitors with respect. Thank you for your co-operation, and we hope you enjoy your visit.