Chatsworth admission and event tickets
When you purchase a ticket on the Chatsworth website you agree to the terms and conditions of sale, set out below:
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned.
- Once you have printed or received your tickets, please keep them in a safe place as we cannot accept duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind.
- Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- Children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all attractions and organised events; during a school visit the teacher is in loco parentis. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times.
- Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Chatsworth reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
- All attractions will remain open and events will take place whatever the weather unless weather conditions pose a health and safety risk to our visitors and staff. We will make every effort to reschedule events or refund tickets should we close for reasons of health and safety.
- In the event of a cancellation or closure, Chatsworth accepts no responsibility for travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
- Chatsworth reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission or to remove from Chatsworth any visitor.
- Complimentary parking at the house applies to all tickets purchased online in advance, and admits one vehicle per five tickets booked. On days where online booking is not available, the standard £4 parking charge applies unless otherwise noted. Complimentary parking does not include coaches or mini buses.
- Chatsworth accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
- Photography is allowed for non-commercial private use only.
- We cannot allow large bags, rucksacks, prams or pushchairs into the house. We do offer a limited supply of alternative baby-carrying equipment. Please ask a member of staff on arrival.
- Chatsworth reserves the right to search the bag(s) of any visitor entering Chatsworth House, Garden or Farmyard, or any other event being held on the Chatsworth Estate. Failure to comply with a request for such a search may result in entry being refused.
- The House, garden, farmyard & playground ticket has one half-price return voucher issued per transaction. These vouchers are not issued for any other ticket type, including the Christmas at Chatsworth ticket.
- As a condition of sale, visitors to the Chatsworth Estate consent to being photographed, filmed or sound recorded for use on TV, websites, social media, DVD, webcast, promotional materials, or other public mediums, as part of the audience, or by security CCTV.
Chatsworth International Horse Trials
The Chatsworth admission tickets terms and conditions specified above apply for the Chatsworth International Horse Trials, as well as the terms below.
- Complimentary parking is only valid in the dedicated horse trials car parks and not at the house car park.
- If the event is cancelled or abandoned prepaid tickets will be refunded in full in respect of any day that is cancelled before the start of that day's competition.
- In respect of items covering the whole event (three-day tickets, caravan membership etc) the following proportions will be refunded: cancellation before Friday starts 100%, before Saturday 80% before Sunday 40%.
- The public are reminded they are attending an event on grounds where overnight wildlife activity and weather can affect the footing and conditions. The Organisers advise that due to the prevailing weather, uneven and, in parts, irregular terrain at this event, it may be at times be difficult for spectators to move around freely and easily. As a result of this, it may not be suitable for those who suffer from certain medical conditions. All spectators enter the event at their own risk and are advised to wear suitable footwear and maintain vigilance when walking around the event site, in particular the Cross Country Course. Spectators are also reminded they MUST not enter areas designated for competitors and officials only.
- The Organisers reserve the right to vary the content of the event without being obliged to advise such changes, refund monies, or exchange tickets. Further the Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event to any person or to withdraw permission at any time to remain in the grounds, and shall not be required to give any reason for such action. Tickets are non-transferable.