Coronavirus pandemic update
The terms and conditions A-H relate specifically to the coronavirus pandemic, and apply from 22 May 2020, for an indefinite period. They have been introduced in order to help us protect the safety of our visitors and staff.
- All visitors must ensure their trip to Chatsworth does not contravene government regulations relating to Covid-19, and visitors must follow Chatsworth’s Covid-19 safety measures as directed during their visit.
- We reserve the right to ask any individual(s) not adhering to point A to leave the Chatsworth Estate.
- Entry to Chatsworth House, Garden, Farmyard, and car parks is restricted to visitors with pre-booked tickets and/or tables. Tickets and tables must be booked online in advance. This includes those with a membership, who must reserve a space online. Anyone arriving who is unable to produce a valid booking confirmation will not be able to access the carpark, and will be turned away. Anyone arriving at the house, garden or farmyard before or after the timeslot specified on their ticket may be refused entry.
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings in our shops, in the house, and in other enclosed spaces such as the barn in the farmyard in line with government guidelines. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into these areas, other than those who are exempt.
- All bookings will be for a specific time slot. Anyone arriving outside of the times stated on their booking confirmation may be turned away.
- We will endeavour to provide First Aid support to our visitors. This may include support from our trained staff for visitors to administer self-treatment or assisting to request emergency treatment from the ambulance service. We are meeting our legal duty to provide first aid support for our employees and volunteers during this time.
- There is no pass out/re-entry to the house, garden or farmyard. Once visitors have left any of these areas, they will not be able to return to them.
- In cases when pre-booking online is not available, we will require visitors leave contact details in accordance with NHS Test and Trace guidance.
Chatsworth admission and event tickets
When you purchase a ticket on the Chatsworth website you agree to the terms and conditions of sale, set out below:
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned, and are valid on the date/time specified only.
- Once you have printed or received your tickets, please keep them in a safe place as we cannot accept duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind.
- Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- Children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all attractions and organised events; during a school visit the teacher is in loco parentis. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times.
- Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Chatsworth reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
- All attractions will remain open and events will take place whatever the weather unless weather conditions pose a health and safety risk to our visitors and staff. We will make every effort to reschedule events or refund tickets should we close for reasons of health and safety.
- In the event of a cancellation or closure, Chatsworth accepts no responsibility for travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
- Chatsworth reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission or to remove from Chatsworth any visitor.
- Complimentary parking at the house applies to all tickets purchased online in advance, and admits one vehicle per five tickets booked. On days where online booking is not available, the standard parking charge applies unless otherwise noted. Complimentary parking does not include coaches or mini buses.
- Chatsworth accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
- Photography is allowed for non-commercial private use only.
- We cannot allow large bags, rucksacks, prams or pushchairs into the house. We do offer a limited supply of alternative baby-carrying equipment. Please ask a member of staff on arrival.
- Chatsworth reserves the right to search the bag(s) of any visitor entering Chatsworth House, Garden or Farmyard, or any other event being held on the Chatsworth Estate. Failure to comply with a request for such a search may result in entry being refused.
- The House, garden, farmyard & playground ticket has one half-price return voucher issued per transaction. These vouchers are not issued for any other ticket type, including the Christmas at Chatsworth ticket.
- As a condition of sale, visitors to the Chatsworth Estate consent to being photographed, filmed or sound recorded for use on TV, websites, social media, DVD, webcast, promotional materials, or other public mediums, as part of the audience, or by security CCTV.