Chatsworth admission and event tickets
When you purchase a ticket on the Chatsworth website you agree to the terms and conditions of sale, set out below:
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned.
- Once you have printed or received your tickets, please keep them in a safe place as we cannot accept duplicates, copies or other alternative tickets of any kind.
- Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Chatsworth reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
- All attractions will remain open and events will take place whatever the weather unless weather conditions pose a health and safety risk to our visitors and staff. We will make every effort to reschedule events or refund tickets should we close for reasons of health and safety.
- In the event of a cancellation or closure, Chatsworth accepts no responsibility for travel, accommodation and any other associated costs.
- All guests visiting Chatsworth house, garden or farmyard must have a valid entrance ticket.
- Chatsworth reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission or to remove from Chatsworth any visitor.
- Complimentary parking at the house applies to all tickets purchased online in advance, and admits one vehicle per five tickets booked. On days where online booking is not available, the standard £4 parking charge applies unless otherwise noted. Complimentary parking does not include coaches or mini buses.
- Chatsworth accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
- Photography is allowed for non-commercial private use only.
- We cannot allow large bags, rucksacks, prams or pushchairs into the house. We do offer a limited supply of alternative baby-carrying equipment. Please ask a member of staff on arrival.
- Online tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The House, garden, farmyard & playground ticket has one half-price return voucher issued per transaction. These vouchers are not issued for any other ticket type, including the Christmas at Chatsworth ticket.
- As a condition of sale, visitors to the Chatsworth Estate consent to being photographed, filmed or sound recorded for use on TV, websites, social media, DVD, webcast, promotional materials, or other public mediums, as part of the audience, or by security CCTV.
Chatsworth International Horse Trials
The Chatsworth admission tickets terms and conditions specified above apply for the Chatsworth International Horse Trials, as well as the terms below.
- Complimentary parking is only valid in the dedicated horse trials car parks and not at the house car park.
- If the event is cancelled or abandoned prepaid tickets will be refunded in full in respect of any day that is cancelled before the start of that day's competition.
- In respect of items covering the whole event (three-day tickets, caravan membership etc) the following proportions will be refunded: cancellation before Friday starts 100%, before Saturday 80% before Sunday 40%.
- The public are reminded they are attending an event on grounds where overnight wildlife activity and weather can affect the footing and conditions. The Organisers advise that due to the prevailing weather, uneven and, in parts, irregular terrain at this event, it may be at times be difficult for spectators to move around freely and easily. As a result of this, it may not be suitable for those who suffer from certain medical conditions. All spectators enter the event at their own risk and are advised to wear suitable footwear and maintain vigilance when walking around the event site, in particular the Cross Country Course. Spectators are also reminded they MUST not enter areas designated for competitors and officials only.
- The Organisers reserve the right to vary the content of the event without being obliged to advise such changes, refund monies, or exchange tickets. Further the Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event to any person or to withdraw permission at any time to remain in the grounds, and shall not be required to give any reason for such action. Tickets are non-transferable.
Estate farm shop hampers
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale govern the sale of goods by us, Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop to you, the customer, by telephone, email, and via our website at www.chatsworth.org and will form the basis of any contract of sale between us. Please read them carefully before placing your order as you will be deemed to be bound by them. Copies of these terms and conditions are available on request.
Your orders are an offer to purchase goods from us. We will confirm receipt of your order by sending you a ‘Confirmation Email’. This is the point at which we accept your order and the contract is formed (subject to these General Terms & Conditions). The contract is completed when the goods are delivered (also subject to these General Terms & Conditions).
All orders for goods made by telephone to our Customer Services Representative are subject to these Terms & Conditions.
Amendments: we make no guarantees that once placed and paid for, an order can be amended. If you wish to amend an order, you must notify us by email, as soon as possible, and provided the order has not already been submitted to our Distribution Centre we will try to amend it. We also reserve the right to cancel or amend your order before the goods are dispatched, if the goods are no longer in stock (see Substitution below).
All orders for Christmas delivery to be received by 1 December. The last delivery date will be 14 December.
We reserve the right to close our order book earlier than the above date so please order promptly
Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop may substitute an item of equal or greater value than the original item listed, or issue a refund for the product. This applies to items within hampers, gift boxes and mixed orders. We will notify you prior to making any substitutions.
Payment for goods must be made either by cash, credit/debit card or cheque (made payable to Chatsworth Estate Trading Limited) when the order is placed.
In addition to the payment methods above, payment by invoice can also be accepted for corporate customers with prior agreement.
Prices are charged in GBP sterling, at the price when placing your order. Prices displayed in brochures and on the website include Value Added Tax which will be applied at the current rate.
Product Description and Specifications
We have made every effort to ensure that the goods displayed on this website and in our brochures conform to the descriptions and photographs. The colours, specifications, dimensions and descriptions (including wine vintages) are for illustration purposes only. However, items on the website and brochures are quoted as accurately as possible. We reserve the right from time to time to vary the dimensions, specifications, descriptions and quantities of items displayed on our website, without prior notice.
We only sell items to adults (i.e. those aged 18 or over). If you are under 18, you may use this brochure or our website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. By placing an order with us it is confirmation that you are of legal age.
By law we cannot sell knives or products containing alcohol to persons under the age of 18. Proof of ID may be requested. By placing an order with us it is confirmation that you are of legal age. It is illegal to buy restricted products if you are under age or for someone else who is under age.
You may send us personal gift cards which you would like including within your hamper or gift box. Additional items, representing your company, may also be included; however, this would require our agreement.
Food, Food Hampers and Gift boxes
Hampers and Gift Boxes contain only the items listed. Some wine vintages may vary according to availability and props used in the photography are NOT included in the hampers unless stated. Packaging may vary. In the event of supply difficulties, we reserve the right to make substitutions with items of equal or greater value.
Right to Cancel and Return Purchases
The cancellation of orders must be in writing to the Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop before orders have been dispatched. Any items ordered and dispatched must be returned at the purchasers cost. Items returned must be in sound order with the packaging remaining intact. Returned items should be returned without delay and must be received within 7 calendar days of delivery to you. Items may be returned to our store in person with prior agreement.
Items Damaged in Transit, Defective & Incorrect
If you take delivery of a package from us and the goods being delivered to you have been damaged in transit, or are: defective, not as described, not of satisfactory quality, not fit for purpose, or are not per a sample (i.e. “Faulty”), we will exchange items without charge to you, for a period of 30 days from the date of sale or provide you with a full refund. We will check the items on their return, and we may request photos of the damage and packaging in order to enable us to investigate the matter.
All hampers are delivered overnight by a national carrier. We regret it is not possible to send items other than hampers outlined in this brochure by mail order.
Standard UK mainland delivery:
We charge £9.95 per parcel for delivery to UK mainland addresses. Deliveries are scheduled to arrive next day between 9am and 12 noon Tuesday to Friday.
For a quotation on delivery outside of the above times and to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, please call us on 01246 565 411 ext. 8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret we do not operate an international service.
When asking for a quote, please provide the full address including postcode of the recipient.
Please make sure that someone will be at the delivery address on the designated day to take delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for deliveries that are refused by the recipient, or where the carrier cannot deliver due to incorrect addressing. We cannot take responsibility for the actions of our carrier.
Collection is available from Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop directly by prior agreement.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these General Terms & Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control
Alterations to this Website and General Terms and Conditions
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These General Terms & Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales are under the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts.
To place an order and for all other enquiries, please contact our Customer Services Department:
- Tel: 01246 565411 option 8 - Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Email: email@example.com
For returns authorised by Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop Customer Services if they are damaged, faulty or incorrect, should be returned to the following address with a note setting out the order number (as shown on the delivery note received with the delivery) and the reason for the return:
Chatsworth Estate Farm Shop