There is a strict limit on the number of cars allowed in the car parks. All visitors, including Blue Badge holders, must book tickets online before arrival; no tickets will be available to purchase on site at Chatsworth. Anyone arriving without a ticket will not be able to access the car parks.
On arrival, please follow the guidance stated on signs, and respect social distancing when getting in and out of your car.
Friends and pass holders
Friends of Chatsworth and estate pass holders who wish to visit the garden or park at Calton Lees, must book timed tickets until further notice. Access to the house car park is only for those who have booked garden tickets.
LEARN MORE & BOOK
Please arrive during the timeslot shown on your booking confirmation. Anyone arriving outside their timeslot may be refused entry.
Once you leave the garden and/or car parks, you will not be able to re-enter on the same day.
You must have your booking confirmation either printed out or clearly visible on a phone when you arrive. You will need to hold it up to the window of the car park booth so that it can be validated. If you are a Friend of Chatsworth, or other pass holder, please bring your membership card/pass, which will also need to be presented on arrival.
Child entry for the garden ticket is age 4-16 inclusive. Children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all attractions and organised events; during a school visit the teacher is in loco parentis. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times.
Garden and car park tickets are not valid for coaches or mini buses.
View our full terms and conditions of sale.
We ask all visitors to:
- Not visit if you have a new, persistent cough, fever, or loss of/change to your sense of taste or smell, but instead stay at home and contact NHS 111 for advice
- Maintain social distancing throughout your visit and adhere to all guidance shown on signage and provided by staff
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitiser
- Use contactless/card payment only in our cafes/shops. Cash will not be accepted.
In order to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff, and enable safe social distancing, we have introduced the following measures:
- Strict limit on the number of cars allowed in the car parks, and visitors in the garden
- Access to the car park will only be possible with a pre-booked ticket, available in advance from our website only
- No tickets will be available to purchase on site at Chatsworth
- Tickets will specify a time window for arrival
- Updated terms and conditions of sale/entry. View our full terms and conditions.
- New signage to provide clear guidance for all visitors on arrival
- Installed new hand washing stations and Portaloos
- Created safe queuing areas and introduced limits on the number of customers allowed in our cafes/shops
- Created one way systems to reduce congestion
- Increased the frequency of cleaning on all touch points
- Added Perspex screens at our payment points
- Switched to accept contactless and card payments only to avoid the handling of cash.
Our teams are working especially hard, so please treat them, and other visitors with respect. Thank you for your co-operation, and we hope you enjoy your visit.