21–22 May (sold out) & 7–8 June | 9.15am – 4pm
£175 per person
Join us for a two-day dry stone walling course where you'll learn the basic principles of how to strip out, prepare and restore a traditional dry stone wall to its former glory – a truly rewarding experience. This fun and informal course is a great opportunity to spend some time outdoors, learning to restore an important feature that defines the British landscape.
This course is delivered by highly qualified craftspeople and instructors, and is open to participants of all abilities aged 16 and over.
Planning your day
- Meet at the Game Lodge, Edensor at 9.15am, ready for a 9.30am start
- The What3words location for our meeting point is - hockey.icicles.landed
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided
What do I need to bring?
- Waterproof clothing
- Lots of layers
- Sun block and a sun hat
- Steel toe cap boots or strong hiking boots with ankle protection
- Durable work wear
- Gloves – we recommend nitrile knitwrist gloves or rubber coated builder's gloves
- Safety glasses or goggles are recommended
- Plenty of water
- A packed lunch
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit the Devonshire Hotels & Restaurants website to find out more and to book online.