The house, garden, farmyard and playground will open at 11am, with last entrance at 7pm, closing promptly at 8pm, with the exception of the farmyard and playground with last entry at 3.30pm, closing at 4.30pm.
All Friends will park for free on Friends preview day. Simply show your Friends card on arrival.
In the house
We are excited for our Friends to be among the first to see our 2019 exhibition, The Dog: A Celebration at Chatsworth, which explores the Cavendish family’s enduring love for dogs, through paintings, drawings, sculpture, letters, photographs and contemporary art.
Members of the collections team will support the guides throughout the house to help answer any questions and explain the significance of the exhibition.
In the house we also have on offer:
- 11am-5pm | Theatre and Belvedere tours | Begin near Flora's Temple
- 11am-4pm | Piano player in the Ante Library
- 5.15pm-7.15pm | Simply Strings in the Great Chamber
In the garden
Be sure to stop in the garden where you will see all sorts of new spring life. We will also have a few fun and free activities for our Friends:
- 11.30am, 1.30pm, 2.30pm | Garden walking tours
- 11.30am-4.30pm | Garden buggy tours
- 11.30am-3pm | Tractor trailer rides through the garden
- 11.30am-3pm | Horse and dray rides
In the farmyard
As well as our daily activities in the farmyard we are also offering Friends a few special free activities:
- 11am-3pm | Animal handling sessions
- 11.30am-3pm | Trailer discovery tours
Each free talk is in the Hartington room in the Stables and will last approximately 30 minutes plus questions. All seats will be allocated on arrival. Please note that we are unable to offer anywhere sheltered to queue for talks.
- 11am | A look into The Dog exhibition | Tessa Wild, Curator
- 12pm | Dressed to impress | Marie White, Seamstress
- 1pm | Graffiti and other stories | Janet Bitton, Head Housekeeper
- 2pm | What's new in the garden | Steve Porter, Head of Gardens and Domain
Shop and eat opening times
|Carriage House Café||10am-6.30pm|
|Cavendish restaurant||11.30am-4.30pm||Book a table|
|Flying Childers restaurant||11am-4pm||Book a table|
|Estate farm shop café||9am-5pm|
|Flora's Temple tea shop in the garden||11am-5pm|
|Estate farm shop||9am-6pm|