Growth and change – managing a dynamic garden and landscape into the future
A two-day event in partnership with Garden Masterclass
Thursday 7 and Friday 8 September 2023
£295 per person
Our speakers will be addressing the subject of how we will manage our gardens and landscapes moving into the future, with all the complications that this entails, including climate change.
- Steve Porter, Head of Gardens and Landscape at Chatsworth, will start the day with an overview of the management of Chatsworth.
- Tom Stuart-Smith and James Hitchmough are both engaged with projects at Chatsworth and will discuss how they have designed and implemented their schemes, highlighting the ups and downs of their projects.
- Richard Scott will talk about his approach to creative conservation.
- Michael Walker will be focusing on how historical gardens are adapting to a changing future.
- Katy Merrington will be hosting an in-depth, round table discussion between a group of women head gardeners, discussing their own work experiences and what they believe the future holds for the industry.
- John Grimshaw will focus on trees for the future.
There will also be the opportunity to go into the garden and wider landscape with our speakers as part of the day.
On the evening of 7 September we will be screening our very special film ‘Wildside -the story of a garden’ which is the culmination of an 18 month project documenting the extraordinary Devonshire garden created by Keith and Ros Wiley.
If you have any enquiries about this event please email Garden Masterclass at email@example.com
Make a stay of it
With so much to see, do, and explore in the Peak District, it's a shame to only come for the day, so why not stay a little longer? Our country cottages, shepherd's huts, hotels, and inns are the perfect base for exploring all that Chatsworth, Derbyshire, and the Peak District has to offer. Find out more.