£12 per person | 10am
Each tour is led by a Chatsworth guide, offering the perfect way to learn more about the park and villages surrounding Chatsworth. Learn about how this landscape has evolved and some of the stories behind the sites as you take in some of the best views Chatsworth has to offer.
Walks are approximately two hours long and take place every Tuesday until 27 September. Find out which route we'll be taking each week below.
Explore the estate village of Edensor and learn a bit more about its history as well.
The Edensor walk is approximately 4km and is along parkland and village roads, with soft ground in places. There are some gradients and stone steps but no big hills. There will be one short steep climb on the return to Chatsworth.
Climb up through Stand Wood to the Hunting Tower and loop around the lakes, learning more about how they serve the water features in the garden while gaining insight into the history of the wider estate.
The lakes loop walk is approximately 5km through woodland and lakesides, all on paths and tracks, mostly surfaced. There will be steps and a steady climb up through the woods.
Planning your day
- Meet at the seating area just below the Park Picnic Shop at 10am.
- Your walk is led by an experienced Chatsworth Guide.
- We welcome well-behaved dogs on leads.
- Seasonal park walks are not suitable for prams or buggies.
What should I expect?
- Terrain is varied with steep climbs, mostly on footpaths, sometimes tarmac roads, across fields and over stiles.
- Walks will go ahead in all weather conditions.
What should I pack for the day?
- Wear sturdy walking shoes or boots.
- Bring waterproof clothing.
- Bring plenty of water.
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit the Devonshire Hotels & Restaurants website to find out more and to book online.