£10 per person | 10am
Each tour is led by a Chatsworth guide, offering the perfect way to learn more about the park and villages surrounding Chatsworth. Learn about how this landscape has evolved and some of the stories behind the sites as you take in some of the best views Chatsworth has to offer.
Walks are approximately two hours long and are available on the following days:
- 9 July: The north park and Golden Gates
- 9 April and 6 August: Secrets of the Warren
- 15 May and 25 September: Millennium walk
- 25 June and 9 October: Edensor
The north park and Golden Gates
Available 5 March and 9 July 2019
Explore the North park and Golden Gates following the 4th Duke's drive past the Ice House and Ponds to the north edge of the park. Return past Barbrook and Queen Mary's Bower. A fairly flat walk with no stiles mostly on good tracks with some grassland - an ideal route for dogs and their people.
Secrets of the Warren
Available 9 April and 6 August 2019
Begin with a steep walk up to the Warren, looping across to visit ancient hollow ways and the stone circle and returning through Stand Wood. All good tracks with some rougher terrain and a high stile into and out of the Warren.
Available 15 May and 25 September 2019
A rare opportunity to see the park from Dunsa Farm. Begin with a walk over the crobbs and along the track to Dunsa Farm. View the Millennium Avenue from the top before returning via Edensor.
Available on 25 June and 9 October 2019
Explore the estate village of Edensor and learn a bit more about its history as well.
Planning your day
- All park walks start at the game larder at 10am.
- Your walk is led by an experienced Chatsworth Guide.
- We welcome well-behaved dogs on leads.
What should I expect?
- Terrain is varied with steep climbs, mostly on footpaths, sometimes tarmac roads, across fields and over stiles.
- Walks will go ahead in all weather conditions.
What should I pack for the day?
- Wear sturdy walking shoes or boots.
- Bring waterproof clothing.
- Bring plenty of water.
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit our chatsworthstays.co.uk website to find out more and to book online.