Important information for Friends
You must have your booking confirmation either printed out or clearly visible on a phone when you arrive. You will need to hold it up to the window of the car park booth so that it can be validated. Please also bring your membership card/pass, which will also need to be presented on arrival.
Please arrive during the timeslot shown on your booking confirmation. Anyone arriving outside their timeslot may be refused entry. Once you leave the house, garden and/or car parks, you will not be able to re-enter on the same day without a new booking.
All visitors must wear face coverings in our shops, in the house, and in other enclosed spaces such as the barn in the farmyard. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into these areas, other than those who are exempt.
Child entry for the House & garden and Garden tickets are age 4-16 inclusive, children aged 3 and under are free of charge. Child entry for the Farmyard ticket is age 3–16 inclusive, children aged 2 and under are free of charge.
Children aged 15 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all attractions and organised events; during a school visit the teacher is in loco parentis. Accompanying adults are responsible for supervising the children in their care at all times.
Please note that we do not allow prams, pushchairs or rucksack style baby carriers in the house; side and front baby carriers are welcome. Please also note that we only allow small bags in the house. Storage is available in the left luggage room near the house entrance.
House, garden and car park tickets are not valid for coaches or mini buses.
View our full terms and conditions of sale.
We ask all visitors to:
- Not visit if you have a new, persistent cough, fever, or loss of/change to your sense of taste or smell, but instead stay at home and contact NHS 111 for advice
- Maintain social distancing throughout your visit and adhere to all guidance shown on signage and provided by staff
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol based hand sanitiser
- Use contactless/card payment only in our cafes/shops. Cash will not be accepted.
In order to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff, and enable safe social distancing, we have introduced the following measures:
- Strict limit on the number of cars allowed in the car parks, and visitors in the garden
- Access to the car park will only be possible with a pre-booked ticket, available in advance from our website only
- No tickets will be available to purchase on site at Chatsworth
- Tickets will specify a time window for arrival
- Updated terms and conditions of sale/entry. View our full terms and conditions.
- New signage to provide clear guidance for all visitors on arrival
- Installed new hand washing stations and Portaloos
- Created safe queuing areas and introduced limits on the number of customers allowed in our cafes/shops
- Created one way systems to reduce congestion
- Increased the frequency of cleaning on all touch points
- Added Perspex screens at our payment points
- Switched to accept contactless and card payments only to avoid the handling of cash.
Our teams are working especially hard, so please treat them, and other visitors with respect. Thank you for your co-operation, and we hope you enjoy your visit.