Lunch, drinks and sweet treats
The Carriage House Café is self-service and offers a wide variety of seasonal dishes prepared in house by our team of chefs and bakers.
With range of sandwiches, baguettes and soup, plus delicious cakes, pastries, barista brewed coffees and a selection of hot food, we have something for every taste.
Back by popular demand - our Sunday roast lunch, including hand-carved roast of the day with market vegetables, Yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes and pan gravy.
Chatsworth children's lunch bag
Lunch bags are £5.95 and available year round and are perfect for our younger visitors. Lunch bags include a choice of ham or cheese sandwich, a chocolate brownie, packet of crisps, pot of fruit and a fruit juice.
Good to know
- Breakfast served 10-11.30am on weekends only.
- Hot food is served from 11.30am to 3pm.
- Located in the stables courtyard (no ticket required).
- Open every day, excluding 24-26 December and 1 January. See opening times.
- May occasionally close early for events.
- Closed from 3.30pm on 3, 4, 7 to 11, 17 and 31 December.
- Closed from 3pm on 15, 16 and 18 December.
Contact us to discuss your catering requirements in more detail.
Sample hot food menu
Hot food served 11.30am-3pm
- Seasonal soup of the day (vegan, dairy free, gluten free)
- Derbyshire pork cob, celeriac & fennel slaw, apple sauce (can be gluten free)
- Chatsworth estate braised Barnsley lamb chop with parmentier potatoes and spring greens (gluten free)
- Fish finger in ciabatta cob, celeriac & fennel slaw, tartare sauce
- Root vegetable and bean chilli, black rice, salsa (vegan, dairy free and gluten free)