- 4 Chatsworth pheasant breasts – boneless and skinless
- 8 slices of Chatsworth cure streaky bacon
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs – finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/G6.
- Season the breasts lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the rosemary over each breast and cover each with two slices of bacon, folding the overlap underneath.
- Place the breasts on an oiled baking sheet, cover tightly with foil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the bacon is lightly browned.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish, garnish with watercress and serve.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes, buttered carrots, savoy cabbage and Chatsworth game sauce.
Recommended wines: Our great selection of Duke and Duchess and The Earl of Burlington wines.