- 3.2kg ripe tomatoes – blanched, peeled and cut in half
- 3.5kg preserving sugar
- 6 lemons – peeled and sliced
- 300ml water
- Place the sugar and water in a thick bottomed pan, heat gently and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil for five minutes to make a syrup.
- Add the tomatoes and lemons. Bring to a simmer, stirring continuously.
- Remove any scum as it appears and continue to simmer.
- The marmalade is ready when the mixture hangs from a fork in jelly-like pieces. The time this takes is variable, but will be from 45-60 minutes.
- When ready, cool slightly and bottle in sterilised jars, or keep in the fridge and use as required.