The Carriage House Café offers a wide variety of local and seasonal food prepared by our team of chefs and bakers. From full roasts and sausages to sandwiches and a salad bar, there's something for every appetite.
In addition to a salad bar with seasonal salads and a range of sandwiches, baguettes, quiches and soup, plus a delicious selection of cakes, pastries and hot drinks, we also offer a selection of hot food. Please be aware that the menu is seasonal and may change due to the availability of produce. View a sample hot food menu.
Chatsworth children's lunch bag
Lunch bags are available year round and are perfect for our younger visitors. Lunch bags include four children's menu items for £5.50 with a choice of sandwiches, fruit, veggies, crisps, drinks and/or special treats.
Good to know
- Located in the stables courtyard (no ticket required).
- Open every day, excluding 24-26 December and 1 January. See opening times.
- May occasionally close early on Fridays and Saturdays for events.
Contact us to discuss your catering requirements in more detail.
Sample hot food menu
Hot food served 11.30am-3pm | Main courses £12, child portion £6
- Estate farm shop honey glazed roasted ham with heritage apple sauce served with roasted potatoes, spring greens, root vegetables and pan gravy
- Chef's pie of the day with shortcrust pastry served with roasted potatoes, spring greens, root vegetables and pan gravy
- Chatsworth Gold ale battered haddock, chips, mushy peas and own recipe tartare sauce
- Potato, cauliflower & lentil dhal, braised rice and flatbread*
- Today's selection of salads served from the cold counter with your choice of fresh baked savoury tart, hand raised pork pie or roasted ham
*Suitable for vegetarians and vegans