Please be aware that the Cavendish restaurant will close at 1.30pm on 25 May 2019.
Seasonal lunch and traditional afternoon tea
Seasonal lunch | 11.30am to 2.30pm | Two courses £21.50, three courses £25.50
The Cavendish restaurant has full table service and a seasonal menu comprising British and European dishes. Our chefs use fresh, seasonal ingredients from the Chatsworth Estate and local producers. View a sample lunch menu.
Traditional afternoon tea | 3pm to 4.30pm | £21 per person
Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea at the Cavendish restaurant. Enjoy our traditional afternoon tea with a glass of Chatsworth Champagne for £29.50. View the traditional afternoon tea menu.
Want to bring the children? We also offer a platter of deliciousness for our younger visitors with a children's afternoon tea.
Book your table in advance
Book your table in advance for lunch or afternoon tea at the Cavendish restaurant and receive complimentary parking.
If you have reserved a table at the Cavendish restaurant, please show your reservation confirmation (paper or electronic copy) when you arrive at the parking booth to receive complimentary parking.
BOOK YOUR TABLE
- Pea and mint soup with chive crème fraiche
- Sage derby and rhubarb tart
- Smoked salmon and prosecco parfait with a toasted walnut croûte
- Bury black pudding and cheddar bonbon’s with caramelised pear compote
- Herb crumb Derbyshire pork loin with confit potatoes, cauliflower puree, broad beans, and a red wine jus
- Chicken ballantine filled with Dovedale blue cheese and spinach on crushed new potatoes with spring greens and a port reduction
- Grimsby harbour catch of the day with sautéed potatoes, Chatsworth cured bacon, samphire, broad beans and tarragon butter
- Portobello mushroom, sweet potato and stout open tart, beetroot puree and fresh market vegetables
- Rhubarb & custard tart, ginger crumb and vanilla ice cream
- Trio of Chatsworth honey – honey cake, honey parfait, honey combe with Greek style yoghurt
- Pear and rosemary chocolate tart with toasted hazelnuts
- Vanilla pannacotta and blackberry jelly
Afternoon tea menu
- Cucumber and fresh mint on wholemeal bread
- Prawn and dill mayonnaise on a mini seeded cob
- Ham and mustard mayonnaise on white bread
- Egg and cress mini bridge roll
- Parmesan and chive scone with sea salted butter
- Fruit scone with butter, jam and clotted cream
- Chocolate opera cake
- Glazed fruit tart
- Lemon drizzle cake
Served with a range of loose teas, herbal and fruit infusions or coffee.
Enjoy our traditional afternoon tea with a glass of Chatsworth Champagne for £29.50.
Want to bring the children? We offer a platter of deliciousness for our younger visitors with a children's afternoon tea.