Seasonal lunch and traditional afternoon tea
Seasonal lunch | 11.30am to 2.30pm | Two courses £21.50, three courses £25.50
The Cavendish restaurant has full table service and a seasonal menu comprising British and European dishes. Our chefs use fresh, seasonal ingredients from the Chatsworth Estate and local producers. View a sample lunch menu.
Traditional afternoon tea | 3pm to 4.30pm | £21 per person
Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea at the Cavendish restaurant. Enjoy our traditional afternoon tea with a glass of Chatsworth Champagne for £29.50. View the traditional afternoon tea menu.
Want to bring the children? We also offer a platter of deliciousness for our younger visitors with a children's afternoon tea.
Book your table in advance
Bookings are not available until 23 March 2019.
Book your table in advance for lunch or afternoon tea at the Cavendish restaurant and receive complimentary parking.
If you have reserved a table at the Cavendish restaurant, please show your reservation confirmation (paper or electronic copy) when you arrive at the parking booth to receive complimentary parking.
BOOK YOUR TABLE
- Derbyshire cider and white onion soup with a Buxton blue cheese croûte
- Sage derby and rhubarb tart
- Smoked salmon and prosecco parfait with a toasted walnut croûte
- Bury black pudding and cheddar bonbon’s with caramelised pear compote
- Herb crumb Derbyshire pork loin with confit potatoes, cauliflower puree, broad beans, and a red wine jus
- Chicken ballantine filled with Dovedale blue cheese and spinach on crushed new potatoes with spring greens and a port reduction
- Grimsby harbour catch of the day with sautéed potatoes, Chatsworth cured bacon, samphire, broad beans and tarragon butter
- Portobello mushroom, sweet potato and stout open tart, beetroot puree and fresh market vegetables
- Rhubarb & custard tart, ginger crumb and vanilla ice cream
- Trio of Chatsworth honey – honey cake, honey parfait, honey combe with Greek style yoghurt
- Pear and rosemary chocolate tart with toasted hazelnuts
- Vanilla pannacotta and blackberry jelly
Afternoon tea menu
- Cucumber and fresh mint on wholemeal bread
- Prawn and dill mayonnaise on a mini seeded cob
- Ham and mustard mayonnaise on white bread
- Egg and cress mini bridge roll
- Parmesan and chive scone with sea salted butter
- Fruit scone with butter, jam and clotted cream
- Chocolate opera cake
- Glazed fruit tart
- Lemon drizzle cake
Served with a range of loose teas, herbal and fruit infusions or coffee.
Enjoy our traditional afternoon tea with a glass of Chatsworth Champagne for £29.50.
Want to bring the children? We offer a platter of deliciousness for our younger visitors with a children's afternoon tea.