Bramley apple and lemon jam
Makes 10 jars
- 1.1kg Bramley apples – roughly chopped (do not peel or core)
- 100ml lemon juice
- 900g granulated sugar
- Grated rind of 4 lemons
- Place the chopped apples and lemon juice in a heavy based saucepan and gently simmer to a puree.
- Rub the puree through a fine sieve and return to the pan with the grated lemon rind.
- Heat gently and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook rapidly until setting point is reached (104°c).
- Spoon into hot jars and seal.
set. To find out more see our cookies policy.