- 4 x Chatsworth lamb steaks
- 50g unsalted butter - melted
- 1tbs rapeseed oil
- Mixed fresh herbs - chopped (we recommend thyme, parsley, rosemary, marjoram & mint)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the grill to its highest setting.
- Mix the oil and butter and brush over one side of the steaks. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over half of the herbs.
- Place the steaks under the grill, approximately 8cm away from the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes per side (3 minutes for medium or 4 minutes for well-done).
- When turning the steaks, baste with the cooking juices and sprinkle with the remaining herbs.
- Place on warmed plates, pour over the cooking juices and serve immediately.
Serve with Chatsworth mint jelly, Jersey Royal new potatoes and buttered green beans.
Recommended wines: Duke & Duchess of Devonshire Claret, The Earl of Burlington Rouge, or any light-bodied red Burgundy or a light red Rioja.