- 500g shoulder of lamb – diced
- 200g plain flour
- 15ml rapeseed oil
- 300g onions – sliced
- 4 garlic cloves – peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500g new potatoes
- 1 lemon – zested
- 20g fresh parsley – chopped
- Several fresh rosemary sprigs
- Dredge the lamb in the flour and fry in the oil until browned, turning as necessary.
- Remove the lamb from the pan, add the onions and garlic and fry until soft.
- Return the lamb to the pan along with the cinnamon and rosemary and stir well to incorporate the spice.
- Add the stock, cover and simmer gently for around an hour and a half.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a further hour until the meat and potatoes are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning and stir in the lemon and parsley just before serving.