- 1.5kg boneless pork loin, scoured by our skilled butchers
- Chatsworth Bramley apple sauce
- Brock and Morten rapeseed oil
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the loin of pork in a large roasting tin and pat the skin with kitchen roll to ensure it is completely dry.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of Brock and Morten rapeseed oil over the skin and add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Cover and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C (fan)/475°F/gas mark 9.
- Place the pork in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes turn the oven down to 160°C (fan)/350°F/gas mark 4 and roast for a further 1 hour.
- Baste the pork loin frequently during the roasting process.
- Remove from the oven, check that any juices are running clear and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before carving. It’s always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked to the correct temperature.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables, Chatsworth Bramley apple sauce and Yorkshire puddings.
Recommended wines: The Duke and Duchess of Devonshire Sauvignon Blanc or The Earl of Burlington Côtes de Gascogne.