If you are travelling using a sat nav system, please use the postcode DE45 1PN.
- From the M1, take junction 29, Chesterfield and follow the brown signs: 16 miles
- From Matlock, take the A6, then the B6012: 8 miles
- We are 30-minute drive from Chesterfield railway station.
- We are a 40-minute drive from Sheffield railway station.
If travelling through Baslow, you will see the Golden Gates into Chatsworth. These are for authorised access only, except in the case of some special events. Please follow the brown signs for the public entrance to Chatsworth on the B6012.
The house car park – conveniently located next to the house, garden, stables and farmyard – is open every day until 7pm.
- Parking is free with all tickets booked online.
- The car park costs £4 per vehicle. Blue badge holders park for free.
- The parking fee is £5 on weekdays, £10 at weekends during the Christmas market, 17 November–5 December.
Calton Lees car park is located at the southern end of the park and is open every day until 7pm and costs £3 per vehicle.
We do not have electric car charging points at Chatsworth. However, there are several in the local area. Please see public charging networks.
Please also be aware we do not have a designated parking area for motor homes.
A number of buses to Chatsworth stop close to the house just a short walk from the house, garden and farmyard entrances.
Passengers arriving by bus into Baslow village are able to access the park via a public footpath. From the bus stop at Goose Green, walk over the bridge and follow the path to your right. It is then a pleasant 2km walk to the House and attractions from here.
Buses from Chesterfield
The 170 service operated by Hulley’s runs between Chesterfield and Bakewell, stopping at Chatsworth on Sundays and Bank Holidays. View the Hulley's timetable.
Buses from Matlock
The 217 service operated by TM Travel runs between Matlock and Chatsworth daily. View the 217 TM Travel timetable.
Buses from Sheffield
The 218 service operated by TM Travel runs between Sheffield and Bakewell, stopping at Chatsworth daily. View the 218 TM Travel timetable.
National bus services
- Service 440 National Express: London–Derby–Matlock–Bakewell–Buxton
- Transpeak Service: Manchester–Stockport–Buxton–Bakewell–Matlock–Derby–Nottingham
- National Express Coaches
The closest train station to Chatsworth is Chesterfield. However, buses from Chesterfield do not come all the way into to Chatsworth. The closest bus stop is Baslow, which is 2km on foot.
It is possible to take the train to Sheffield and then take a bus from the Sheffield Interchange (across the road) directly to Chatsworth. Buses run approximately every hour.
East Midlands Trains operates regular trains to and from Chesterfield and Sheffield via Derby. Chesterfield station is approximately two hours journey from London St Pancras.
To plan your journey, please visit East Midlands Trains and National Rail.
We have cycle storage facilities for visitors arriving by bicycle. These are located at the front of the house, adjacent to the left luggage room.