Chatsworth Farmyard celebrates its 50th birthday this year and we’re inviting children to design a birthday card that we can display at the farmyard over the summer.
Entries will be judged and the creator of our favourite design will win a family ticket to visit Chatsworth House, Garden and Farmyard this summer (up to 29 October 2023).
The competition is open to children aged 15 years and under. The entry should be an original design that is farmyard related and created in landscape format.
You can create your birthday card designs at home and post them to Birthday Card Competition, Chatsworth Farmyard, Chatsworth, Bakewell DE45 1PP or scan them or take a clear photograph of them and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Happy 50th Birthday.
If you’re visiting us before the end of June, head up to the Oak Barn at the farmyard to create and submit your entries in our craft area.
All entries must be received by Friday 30 June.
Information and Ts & Cs
- The winning design, and designs submitted by selected runners-up, will be printed and displayed at the Chatsworth Farmyard, alongside the entrants’ names and ages, from July through to 29 October 2023.
- Entrants can submit up to three card designs in total
- Photographs or scans of card designs should be submitted in JPEG format and should be of the card design only
- Photographs of card designs should be sent in high resolution, suitable for printing, but be no larger than 10MB in size
- Photographs should be submitted as email attachments and sent to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Happy 50th Birthday’
- The closing date for entries is 23.00 on Friday 30 June 2023
- Chatsworth will not confirm receipt of entries, and only the creator of the winning design will be contacted. We will not be able to return any entries after they have been submitted.
- A family ticket admits 2 adults and up to 3 children. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The winner must redeem their family ticket before 29 October 2023.
- The competition is open to UK residents only. Entrants must be aged 15 years or under. Electronic entries must be submitted by a parent or guardian on their behalf.
- By entering the competition all entrants (or, if relevant, their parent/guardian) grant to Chatsworth House Trust rights to reproduce, print, display and publish copies of the design in perpetuity.
- No royalties will be payable for the design/photograph of the design selected.
- This information is not open to employees of the Devonshire Group or their families.