To help ensure the health and wellbeing of our visitors and colleagues, all visitors must adhere to current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, and follow any other guidance provided at Chatsworth.
We have also implemented new safety measures across the estate. These measures include:
- Requiring all visitors to book timed tickets online, to limit the number of people on-site and minimise queuing.
- Requiring all visitors to wear face coverings in our shops, in the house, and in other enclosed spaces such as the barn in the farmyard. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into these areas, other than those who are exempt.
- Installing new hand washing stations and Portaloos. All permanent toilet facilities are currently closed except for at the estate farm shop and Cavendish restaurant.
- Creating safe queuing areas and limiting the number of visitors in our shops and cafés.
- Requesting that all visitors sanitise their hands before entering our shops, restaurants and cafés.
- Adding signage and one way systems to assist visitors and staff to respect social distancing.
- Increasing the frequency and breadth of cleaning routines.
- Adding acrylic screens at our payment points and asking all visitors to use contactless/card payments to avoid the handling of cash.
In our restaurants and cafés, measures also include:
- Reducing capacity and amending our layout to ensure safe social distancing.
- Removing and cleaning all communal items from tables as well as thoroughly cleaning the tables between parties.
- In our seated restaurants and cafés, requiring all parties leave a lead contact name and number in accordance with NHS Test and Trace guidance.
- Requesting that all customers follow current government guidance on the number of households permitted to dine out together.
We have also been awarded the Visit Britain ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard mark, awarded to organisations that have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have necessary risk assessments in place, and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
All visitors to the house must wear a face covering, unless exempt. The visitor route of the house is one way and the Guest Bedrooms are closed in order to ensure safe social distancing. There is also no pass out/re-entry for the house. Once visitors have left the house, they will not be able to return without a new booking.
Please be aware that some areas of the garden, including the glasshouses and maze, are currently closed to ensure safe social distancing. We have also implemented one way systems in some areas, and there is no pass out/re-entry for the garden. Once visitors have left the garden, they will not be able to return without a new booking.
To enable safe social distancing, visits to the playground are limited to two hours, and tickets are available for either 10am, 12.30pm or 3pm. We have temporarily suspended the tractor trailer tours and animal handling sessions, and no food or drink can be consumed in the playground.
We have also implemented one way systems in some areas, and there is no pass out/re-entry. Once visitors have left the farmyard, they will not be able to return without a new booking. Please note that some areas of the farmyard are enclosed, and therefore a face covering is required in order to enter them, unless exempt.
Car park tickets must be booked online in advance; no tickets will be available to purchase on site at Chatsworth. Anyone arriving without a ticket will not be able to access the car parks.
How to find us
Chatsworth is located in central England, in the heart of the Peak District in Derbyshire. It is north of Derby and south of Sheffield.
Check the opening times for the attractions, shops and restaurants at Chatsworth.
We pride ourselves on the welcome we offer to all our visitors. If you have a mobility, visual or hearing impairment, we are here to help.
Whether you fancy a light bite or a hearty meal, we have something for everyone.
The Orangery and Stables shops, offering a range of souvenirs, gifts, jewellery and more, are open. The estate farm shop is also open.
Chatsworth interactive map
Let us help you plan your day and find your way - take a look at our new interactive map.