To help ensure the health and wellbeing of our visitors and colleagues, all visitors must adhere to current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, and follow any other guidance provided at Chatsworth.
We have implemented a number of safety measures across the estate. These include:
- Requiring all visitors to book timed tickets online, to safely limit the number of people on-site and enable social distancing. Anyone arriving outside of the timeslot stated on their ticket may be refused entry.
- Ensuring that all visitors aged 17 and over provide contact details as part of the government’s Test and Trace programme. Where possible, visitors should ensure they have downloaded the NHS COVID-19 app before arriving.
- Requiring all visitors to wear face coverings in our shops, in the house, and in other enclosed spaces such as the barn in the farmyard. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into these areas, other than those who are exempt.
- Temporarily removing some written information and our multimedia guide from the house route.
- Installing hand sanitiser stations.
- Creating safe queuing areas and limiting the number of visitors in our shops and cafés.
- Adding signage and one way systems to assist visitors and staff to respect social distancing.
- Increasing the frequency and breadth of cleaning routines.
- Adding acrylic screens at our payment points and asking all visitors to use contactless/card payments to avoid the handling of cash.
In our restaurants and cafés, measures also include:
- Reducing capacity and amending our layout to ensure safe social distancing.
- Removing and cleaning all communal items from tables as well as thoroughly cleaning the tables between parties.
- In our seated restaurants and cafés, requiring all customers to leave contact details in accordance with NHS Test and Trace guidance.
To enable social distancing, the route through the house is one way, the Guest Bedrooms are closed and most of our written information has been temporarily removed, along with our multimedia guide. However, our friendly and knowledgeable guides in each room would love to chat with you, and guidebooks are available to purchase.
You can also use our house guide, linked to below, on your mobile device as you make your way around the house.
DOWNLOAD HOUSE GUIDE
Please be aware that some areas of the garden, including the glasshouses and maze, are currently closed to ensure safe social distancing. We have also implemented one way systems in some areas.
To enable safe social distancing, visits to the farmyard and playground are limited to three hours, and tickets are available for either 10am or 1.30pm. We have temporarily suspended the tractor trailer tours and animal handling sessions.
House car park tickets must be booked online; no tickets will be available to purchase on site at Chatsworth. Anyone arriving without a ticket will not be able to access the house car park.
Calton Lees car park is first come, first served with payment at the gate. We ask all visitors to use contactless card payments.
How to find us
Chatsworth is located in central England, in the heart of the Peak District in Derbyshire. It is north of Derby and south of Sheffield.
Check the opening times for the attractions, shops and restaurants at Chatsworth.
We pride ourselves on the welcome we offer to all our visitors. If you have a mobility, visual or hearing impairment, we are here to help.
Plan your day out
Let us help you make the most of your visit to Chatsworth.
Visiting with your dog
Enjoy a 'pawsome' day out - we’ve tried to make visiting Chatsworth with your dog as simple and fun as possible.
Whether you fancy a light bite or a hearty meal, we have something for everyone.
The Orangery and Stables shops, offering a range of souvenirs, gifts, jewellery and more, are open. The estate farm shop is also open.
At Chatsworth, we pride ourselves as being the perfect destination for groups, large and small.
A visit to Chatsworth makes for a rewarding day for students and teachers alike – whatever their stage of learning.
Chatsworth interactive map
Let us help you plan your day and find your way - take a look at our new interactive map.