To help ensure the health and wellbeing of our visitors and colleagues, all visitors must adhere to current government guidelines relating to Covid-19, and follow any other guidance provided at Chatsworth.
We have implemented a number of safety measures across the estate. These include:
- Requiring all visitors to wear face coverings in the house, and encouraging face coverings to be worn in our shops and catering outlets. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into the house, other than those who are exempt.
- Temporarily removing some written information and our multimedia guide from the house route.
- Installing hand sanitiser stations.
- Creating safe queuing areas and limiting the number of visitors in our shops and cafés.
- Adding signage and one way systems to assist visitors and staff to respect social distancing.
- Increasing the frequency and breadth of cleaning routines.
- Adding acrylic screens at our payment points and asking all visitors to use contactless/card payments to avoid the handling of cash.
In our restaurants and cafés, measures also include:
- Reducing capacity and amending our layout to ensure safe social distancing.
- Removing and cleaning all communal items from tables as well as thoroughly cleaning the tables between parties.
- In our seated restaurants and cafés, encouraging all customers to leave contact details in accordance with NHS Test and Trace guidance.
To enable social distancing, the route through the house is one way, the Guest Bedrooms are closed and most of our written information has been temporarily removed, along with our multimedia guide. However, our friendly and knowledgeable guides in each room would love to chat with you, and guidebooks are available to purchase.
You can also use our house guide, linked to below, on your mobile device as you make your way around the house.
DOWNLOAD HOUSE GUIDE
Please be aware that some areas of the garden are currently closed to ensure safe social distancing. There is no pass out/re-entry to the garden after 3pm.
Please also be aware that due to low water levels, the playing of water features is currently restricted. We apologise for any disappointment.
To enable safe social distancing, visits to the farmyard and playground are limited to two and a half hours long, beginning at 9.30am, 12.15pm and 3pm. We have temporarily suspended the tractor trailer tours and animal handling sessions.
Booking online for our car parks is no longer necessary. House and Calton Lees car park tickets can now be purchased on arrival rather than in advance.
How to find us
Chatsworth is located in central England, in the heart of the Peak District in Derbyshire. It is north of Derby and south of Sheffield.
Check the opening times for the attractions, shops and restaurants at Chatsworth.
We pride ourselves on the welcome we offer to all our visitors. If you have a mobility, visual or hearing impairment, we are here to help.
Plan your day out
Let us help you make the most of your visit to Chatsworth.
Visiting with your dog
Enjoy a 'pawsome' day out - we’ve tried to make visiting Chatsworth with your dog as simple and fun as possible.
Whether you fancy a light bite or a hearty meal, we have something for everyone.
The Orangery and Stables shops, offering a range of souvenirs, gifts, jewellery and more, are open. The estate farm shop is also open.
At Chatsworth, we pride ourselves as being the perfect destination for groups, large and small.
A visit to Chatsworth makes for a rewarding day for students and teachers alike – whatever their stage of learning.
Chatsworth interactive map
Let us help you plan your day and find your way - take a look at our new interactive map.