The vision of the Devonshire Group is to benefit our heritage, our people and our shared future. Each generation of the Devonshire Family is guardian of the fundamental values that enable our enterprises and charities to prosper.
These values are:
- Always improving - Whatever we do, we strive in our own ways, big and small, to improve how we do things.
- Decency - Decency is at the heart of the way every one of us behaves and acts – we understand the importance of doing the right thing.
- Being inclusive - The best decisions are the ones that are inclusive; strengthening the relationships we have with both our colleagues and people outside our enterprises.
The Devonshire Group is committed to enhancing our environment and we strive continuously to reduce our impact on it. We go beyond basic legal and regulatory requirements in order to fulfil our environmental agenda.
With the "reduce, reuse, recycle" philosophy at the heart of our activity, we are focusing on the following areas:
- Energy consumption
- Waste reduction
- Sustainable land management
- Employee awareness
- Renewable energy generation
- Sustainable transport
- Sustainable procurement
The following will underpin these objectives:
- Consistent monitoring of our energy consumption to highlight potential and achieved reductions in energy consumed.
- Reduce the amount of waste we produce and continue to improve on-site waste separation.
- Reduce the amount of packaging that we handle each year and increase the percentage of packaging that is recyclable.
- Preserve and enhance the biodiversity, natural heritage and long-term sustainability of the landed estates.
- Promote the environmental agenda to employees, visitors and guests, and ensure that all new staff are given an environmental induction on our aims and objectives.
- Continue to invest in renewable energy projects to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels.
- Encourage the use of sustainable transport by employees, visitors and guests.
- Continue to source produce for our shops, restaurants, and hotels from the local estates and communities wherever possible.
- Continue to source products and services from suppliers who share and demonstrate our environmental ambitions.
- Achieve external recognition of our environmental credentials.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually and updated whenever necessary.