Chatsworth is a family home and a thriving visitor attraction at the heart of a working estate, which continues to evolve and be shaped by the people who live, work and visit here.
The Chatsworth House Trust, a registered charity established and endowed by the Cavendish family in 1981, is responsible for the preservation of Chatsworth for the benefit of the public. The charity relies on income from visitors, the Friends of Chatsworth, sponsors, grants and donations to undertake an ever-expanding programme of maintenance, restoration and conservation; to increase educational opportunities for all ages; to improve the visitor experience; and to make improvements in the garden and park.
Your support will make a tangible difference by contributing directly to conservation needs that the charity is currently unable to undertake. There is an ever-increasing list of projects requiring urgent attention for which your support will be critical; this could include painting conservation, archive digitisation or historic restoration.
Looking after Chatsworth and its collection requires constant attention, with conservation and maintenance needs to the fore. Many people care deeply about Chatsworth and its future - as a Patron of Chatsworth you will play a significant role in helping us meet this need.
Benefits of patronage
To thank you for your generosity, you will be invited to special Patrons’ events throughout the year and will be able to see at first-hand how your money has made a difference. You will have the opportunity to build an engaging relationship with Chatsworth and gain a deeper insight into how this 21st century estate is cared for and managed.
As a Patron, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Free entry for you and a guest to the house, garden and farmyard throughout the year
- Access to the Patrons’ event programme, which will include talks by senior staff giving insights into the responsibilities and requirements of managing Chatsworth; an intimate behind-the-scenes tour; a curator-led private view of some of the treasures in the Devonshire Collection
- An invitation for you and a guest to attend our VIP house opening reception
- An annual parking permit
- Acknowledgement of your support on a Patrons’ thank you board and in the Chatsworth House Trust Annual Review
- Advance copies of the Annual Review and a complimentary guidebook
- 15% discount in the Orangery shop and Stables shop and restaurants
- 15% discount on food in the Cavendish Hotel (Baslow) and the Devonshire Arms (Beeley and Pilsley)
- Tickets and discounts as afforded to Gold Friends of Chatsworth
Become a patron
£1,500 per annum
Benefits value £490
Suggested voluntary donation £1,010*
If you would like to become a Patron, please complete the Patrons application form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Development Department, Chatsworth, Bakewell, DE45 1PP.
*The donation is a suggested amount which will support the Chatsworth House Trust’s ongoing work and to which Gift Aid can be applied. The benefits are available for purchase separately without any further donation. For more information, please contact the Development Department on 01246 565 300 or email@example.com.