Throughout its history, Chatsworth has played a role in many aspects of life in Derbyshire.
We have always been very aware of what the estate means to people, the impact it has on communities, and the responsibility we have, as custodians, to care for it.
We feel very privileged to have the opportunity to work with the many wonderful people who are committed to helping preserve Chatsworth for the long-term benefit of the public.
This commitment to a shared future extends beyond the estate, in to local communities, the county, and the environment, and is embodied in our core values of always improving, decency, and being inclusive.
The following pages explain more about our our core purpose and the goals we have set for the next 10 years, to help ensure Chatsworth benefits as many people as possible.
The Duke and Duchess of Devonshire
Our core purpose
Our core purpose was created based on the premise that the future of every part of the Devonshire Group is intrinsically linked to the future of our local communities, employees, visitors, suppliers, and partners.
If these groups thrive, then so will the Devonshire Group, and vice-versa. By working together towards a prosperous shared future, we will all benefit.
Our purpose is broken down in to three areas:
- To preserve, restore and enhance our heritage assets for future generations.
- To be a significant contributor to the economic, environmental and social wellbeing of our community and the communities around us, enhancing the lives of those that live and work on or around the estates and delighting those that visit these inspiring places.
- To be seen as a leader, nationally and internationally, in the way we go about what we do, look after our people and our visitors and contribute to our local communities.
Explore the 10 goals that we have set for the next 10 years, to help us fulfil our core purpose.
1. Help create 1000 homes and 1000 jobs in the local area
By investing in the regeneration of areas around our estates
2. Double the benefit to local economies from our organisations
As measured by the value of the direct and indirect goods and services we buy
3. Buy at least 50% of our supplies and services locally
Within 30 miles by road of our estates
4. Invest £50m in our heritage properties and landscapes
Specifically in their repair, restoration, improvement and development
5. Enable every child in local schools to experience our estates
As part of their primary education, reaching every school through physical visits onsite or our virtual presence in schools
6. Achieve excellence in our visitor feedback scores
By scoring 90%+ for value for money, overall enjoyment and likelihood to recommend, in our customer feedback surveys
7. Be recognised as an excellent employer
Achieving scores of 80%+ for all measures of satisfaction and engagement in our staff and volunteer survey
8. Create 500 work opportunities for those in and just out of education
Working with local education and training providers to create these opportunities to benefit young people
9. Reduce our impact on the environment
Through improved management of waste and emissions
10. Minimise disruption to the local communities
By improving traffic management, increasing public transport access and delivering better car parking facilities
Our commitment to our shared future
We believe that working with our local communities, employees, visitors, suppliers, and partners towards these goals, will help us all to thrive.
We will share updates of our progress with you, and seek your input and support, and welcome your thoughts and suggestions, and look forward to a shared future.
For futher information, please contact us:
- by phone - 01246 565 400 ext 22117
- by email - firstname.lastname@example.org