Where better to start your Christmas shopping than at the Chatsworth Christmas market? With over 100 market stalls offering a wide range of Christmas gifts and decorations, it's a great way to start the festive season. Enjoy a visit later in the day and experience the market at dusk with a magical feel.
You can also explore our own exclusive ranges in the Stables shop with a wide range of home and fashion gifts, and lots of lovely stocking fillers.
This is a free event; car parking fees do apply.
Opening times will be available in early November.
The 2019 trade stand and car park maps will be available in early November.
Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome at the market.
Visit by bus
In addition to the usual bus services to Chatsworth, we've partnered with local bus companies to put on extra services during the market. Further details and timetables will be available closer to the date.
Weekends are fully booked for coaches during the Christmas market - we do still have mid-week availability. We cannot accept any unbooked coaches, even for drop off or pick up.
Visit by car
Weekdays | £10 per car / £5 per car after 3pm
Weekends | £20 per car / £10 per car after 3pm
Parking is included with all advance online bookings for Christmas in the house. Learn more about Christmas at Chatsworth.
Parking is also included for members of the Chatsworth Patrons and Gold Friends schemes, and for guests at the Devonshire Arms Hotels in Beeley and Pilsley and The Cavendish Hotel, Baslow, with their red Chatsworth hotel ticket.
Chatsworth car park vouchers that have been purchased in advance can be used as normal. View details.
Find information about alternative modes of transportation on the how to find us page.
The Christmas market is one of our most popular events; this means that we are constantly working to ensure the best possible experience for our visitors, in what can sometimes be challenging weather and parking conditions. We are committed to improving the visitor experience, and minimising the impact on local residents by:
- Working with local bus companies to put on extra services during the market, in addition to those already in place, to help reduce the volume of traffic both on the estate and local roads.
- A pricing structure for entry in to the market for those travelling by car, aimed at reducing the volume of traffic at peak periods, and encouraging people to car share where possible. For those travelling on public buses, there is no charge for entry to the market.
- Improved traffic management plan, including additional vehicle entry/exit points, and new parking areas with improved access to areas of ground with better conditions for parking and better drainage if the weather becomes inclement.
- Additional lighting along the routes to and from the car parking areas across the park.
- More shuttles to ferry visitors between the carpark and market - two tractor trailer rides, additional buggies, and a mini bus on weekends.
- Improved walk ways and signed routes from the parking areas to the markets.
- Extra staff in parking areas to help the traffic flow, parking, and to help our visitors.
- Providing Christmas market car park map available from early November and onsite during the event. The map will show the entrances to Chatsworth for the market, the different parking areas, shuttle stops and the location of the house and market.
As always, parking is included with all advance online bookings to visit our Christmas celebration in the house. No additional charges apply for bookings made online in advance. Learn more about Christmas at Chatsworth.
All visitor enquiries regarding the Christmas market should be sent to email@example.com.
All trade stand enquiries regarding the market should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit our chatsworthstays.co.uk website to find out more and to book online.