Where better to start your Christmas shopping than at the Chatsworth Christmas market? With over 100 market stalls offering a wide range of Christmas gifts and decorations, it's a great way to start the festive season. Enjoy a visit later in the day and experience the market at dusk with a magical feel.
You can also explore our own exclusive ranges in the Stables shop with a wide range of home and fashion gifts, and lots of lovely stocking fillers.
This is a free event. Car parking fees do apply, see below.
Monday - Thursday | 10am - 5.30pm
Friday - Sunday | 10am - 6pm
View the 15-24 November 2019 trade stand map
View the 25 November-3 December 2019 trade stand map
Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome at the market.
All visitors, including blue badge holders, must purchase either tickets for the house, or Christmas market car park tickets, if they wish to park at Chatsworth. Blue badge holders will be parked as close to the market, or one of the shuttle stops as possible. We will be operating a tractor trailer ride that is accessible to wheelchairs between car parks and the market.
The market is located on an incline, Lodge Hill, and pedestrian trackway is used for access to non-paved areas. A Mobiloo will be at Chatsworth on 23 November and 1 December. Learn more about Mobiloo.
Visit by car
Weekdays | £10 per car
Weekends | £20 per car
Visit by bus
In addition to the usual bus services to Chatsworth, we've partnered with a local bus company to put on extra services during the market. View how to get here by bus.
Coach and group visits
We are now fully booked for coach and group visits during the Christmas market. For coach or group visits after the market has finished, bookings must be made through the group bookings office.
Due to capacity on site, and to ensure the safety of our visitors, any coaches or minibuses that arrive at Chatsworth during Christmas and have not pre-booked, will be turned away at the entrance, and will not be able to drop off or pick up. This includes any unbooked coaches who have purchased individual tickets online.
The Christmas market is one of our most popular events; this means that we are constantly working to ensure the best possible experience for our visitors, in what can sometimes be challenging weather and parking conditions. We are committed to improving the visitor experience, and minimising the impact on local residents by:
- Working with local bus companies to put on extra services during the market, in addition to those already in place, to help reduce the volume of traffic both on the estate and local roads.
- A pricing structure for entry in to the market for those travelling by car, aimed at reducing the volume of traffic at peak periods, and encouraging people to car share where possible. For those travelling on public buses, there is no charge for entry to the market.
- Improved traffic management plan, including additional vehicle entry/exit points, and new parking areas with improved access to areas of ground with better conditions for parking and better drainage if the weather becomes inclement.
- Additional lighting along the routes to and from the car parking areas across the park.
- More shuttles to ferry visitors between the carpark and market - two tractor trailer rides, additional buggies, and a mini bus on weekends.
- Improved walk ways and signed routes from the parking areas to the markets.
- Extra staff in parking areas to help the traffic flow, parking, and to help our visitors.
As always, parking is included with all advance online bookings to visit our Christmas celebration in the house. No additional charges apply for bookings made online in advance. Learn more about Christmas at Chatsworth.
All visitor enquiries regarding the Christmas market should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All trade stand enquiries regarding the market should be sent to email@example.com.
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit our chatsworthstays.co.uk website to find out more and to book online.